projects / Wieden & Kennedy Website
For it's 25th Anniversary as the biggest independent Advertising Agency, Wieden & Kennedy relaunched their website to celebrate and showcase their 25 years of work. After just a couple of discussions with the Agency, we realized that the best way to showcase all their immense amount of work, was to focus on all their 'metadata'. That is, show the work and illustrate around each piece as much related content as we could find. That way we created an experience that is centered on keyword navigation, either related to people, projects, clients, awards or a large set of general tags.
While it is possible to experience the website by simply exploring from one keyword to the other, the search functionality adds to the whole, covering the possibility of users trying to access very specific pieces of information letting them filter all the initial clutter.
- Creative Director : Adam Glickman(w+k)
- Associate Creative Director : Marcos Weskamp(marumushi)
- Design : Marcos Weskamp, Gino Woo(w+k)
- Front end programming : Marcos Weskamp, Takashi Kamada(spfdesign Inc.)
- Backend programming : Justin Lewis(Instrument), John Clayton(Instrument), Matt King(Instrument)
- Producer : Meghan Pruitt(w+k)
About Wieden & Kennedy
Well known for its work as a traditional agency, Wieden + Kennedy, based in Portland, Oregon, has a solid reputation largely as a result of its work over the years for key client Nike. Being one of the largest independent advertising companies in the world and best known for the Nike slogan "Just Do It", W + K list of clients include Coca-Cola, ESPN, Subaru, Avon and America Online.